Sunday, October 10, 2010

Komen, Tea and Stitches

I just finished a 10 mile walk on Saturday and an 8 mile walk today (Sunday). These are my final long walks in preparation to walk in the Susan G. Komen 3-day for the Cure 60 mile walk in Philadelphia, PA next weekend.  I think I'm ready, but, it's hard to be sure 60 miles is a long way. In fact, I've never camped before much less in a tent, so this should be a very interesting weekend experience for me.

I've been having the bug to cook some more lately. I think it's due to the change in weather. Fall is definitely coming on. It was 39 degrees this morning when I got up to walk and as in typical fall weather in NJ it is supposed to go up to about 70 degrees today.

I am going to make Kripula's Chai Tea later today since that sounds so good on a fall afternoon.

No work on the Kayla Shrug yet this weekend, but, maybe later today. I finished my swatches for my Stitches East Classes  - Breathtaking Buttonholes and Buttonbands and Mosaic Knitting the Colorful and Easy Way. I've heard so many great things about the Stitches conferences, including that there are so many vendors it can be overwhelming to new people. I can't wait to go. I'm planning on shopping on Sat. the 30th and taking the classes on Sun. the 31st.

No comments:

Post a Comment