Monday, January 24, 2011

Pink Regia Socks


In my continuing quest to make 2011 the year of adding more handmade socks to my wardrobe, I made another pair of toe up plain stockingnette socks using 2 circs. My Pink Regia socks on Ravelry

On this pair, I did a turkish cast on for the first time. Prior to this I've always used Judy's Magic Cast on. I have to say I think I like the turkish cast on better. For me it was a little easier.
I also used a tubular bind off for the first time. I liked that too.
C/O 16 sts. I used Fluffy Knitter Deb's Turkish Cast On tutorial. I thought it was one of the best explanations of turkish cast-ons I found.

Toe:
Row 1: k1, kfb, k to 1 st before end, kfb, k1
Row 2: K all sts
Continue increasing until there are 56 sts and begin foot
K all sts until sock reaches where the top of the foot and leg meet.

Begin Heel
R1: 1st needle (top of foot) K all sts;  2nd needle: (sole of foot) k1, kfb, k to 1 st before end, kfb, k1
R2: K all sts
Repeat thes 2 rows until 52 sts are on needle 2

Heel Flap (only done on needle 2). Do not work Needle 1
K28, ssk, k1, turn
S1, P5, p2tog, p1, turn
s1, k6, ssk, k1, turn
s1, p7, p2tog, p1, turn
continue K and P rows, start ssk or p2tog 1 st before the gap until 28 sts remain

Leg
Continue K all sts on both needles for leg until the leg is 7" or is as long as desired.

Ribbing
k1, p1 rib for 1"

For these socks I used a Tubular cast off. It made a really pretty and stretchy bindoff.

1 comment:

  1. My son wants me to make him a neon lime green pair of socks like the Oregon Ducks wear. In fact, he's been reminding me of that fact every week. ha! One of these days, I'll make them. The socks you made look great! Love them!

    ReplyDelete